Garmin MFD integration
The integration technology used is called Garmin OneHelm.
OneHelm is currently available for the GPSMAP® 8400/8600 MFD series.
Also, Active Captain is supported. This screenshot shows ActiveCaptain, with the Victron App:
The Garmin needs to be connected to the Venus-device using Ethernet. Its not possible to connect over WiFi. For the ethernet connection, a Garmin adapter is required:
- Marine Network Cables - 6ft - PART NUMBER 010-10550-00
- Marine Network Cables - 20ft - PART NUMBER 010-10551-00
- Marine Network Cables - 40ft - PART NUMBER 010-10552-00
- Marine Network Cables - 500ft - PART NUMBER 010-10647-01
4.1 GX-device settings
- Go to Settings -> Services, and there enable MQTT.
- Go to Settings -> System Setup -> Scroll to the bottom -> Battery measurements. And there set up what batteries you want to see on the MFD, and by what name. Make sure to check out this video, which shows how to configure the batteries to be visible on the MFD.
- For boats; and other applications with DC loads such as lighting and a Battery Monitor installed, make sure to enable the "Has DC system setting". For more information about it; see the GX Manual.
No special networking settings are necessary. Not on the Garmin; and not on the Victron GX Device.
The Garmin MFDs run a DHCP server; and the Venus-devices are by default configured to use DHCP. After plugging in the cable, the Victron icon will show up after 10 to 30 seconds.
How to connect to both a Garmin and Internet? That is unclear as of now.
TBD add screenshots and so forth.